Frenchies are expected to replace Labrador Retrievers as the most popular dog breed across the world. In the United Kingdom, for instance, the U.K's Telegraph reported that the number of Frenchies born increased up to about 7,500% within 10 years; precisely, between 2003 and 2013. That means there about 12,000 new French Bulldogs bred every in the United Kingdom alone.
As the demand for French Bulldogs is increasing, the Frenchie market is fast becoming a very lucrative niche for breeders. So lucrative that a study by The Telegraph found that the profits are so high that some crime syndicates have switched from trading in illegal cigarettes and drugs to illegally importing puppies.
Now, you are curious as I am, and you are probably wondering; Why are people so wild for French bulldogs?
In this article, I am going to share with 5 reasons why people love French Bulldogs.
5 Reasons Why People Love French Bulldogs
1. Frenchies are very appealing and unique: I always like to start this point by saying that, the love for Frenchies because of its physical appearance firmly confirms that, indeed, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but the French bulldog is indubitably a looker.
French bulldogs are sturdily built, having a muscular appearance. They usually weigh anything between 20 and 28 pounds for the males and between 16 and 24 pounds for the female, 11 inches to a foot tall at the shoulder. They also have short, smooth, and shiny coats, which may come in different colors. Frenchies generally have loose, wrinkled and soft skin - feel good to rub your through.
2. Fun-Loving Temperament: French bulldogs are sometimes called "Frog dog" or "Clown dog". The French Bulldog has an odd way of sitting with his hind legs spread out — thus the nickname "frog dog." Frenchies are also called "clown dogs" due to their fun-loving temperament.
The French Bulldog is an intelligent free thinker, by turns eager to please or stubbornly independent. Positive reinforcement behavior training is essential, but sessions should be short and fun. These little dogs are very loving, enjoy being the center of attention and need to spend plenty of time with their humans each day.
3. Don't like stressful exercises: French Bulldogs are fairly low-energy dogs, they don't need a lot of exercises. However, a daily walk is essential for their physical and mental health, but do not walk your Frenchie under a hot weather condition because Frenchies are generally prone to heat exhaustion.
Thus, moderate daily exercise will keep your Frenchie going.
4. Frenchies are quiet dogs: French bulldogs don't excessively bark. They have a quiet nature and are portable in size. Also, their low need for exercise makes them a great choice for apartment dwellers (which most people are, by the way).
5. They generally do very well with children: Frenchies are sweet-natured, excellent companions. They are patient and affectionate, and females, in particular, are protective of the children in the family. They make wonderful watchdogs, but they can become territorial without proper guidance. French Bulldogs can also easily live with other pets as long as everyone has been properly socialized.
So, yea, these and many more reasons are the-why(s) people are wild for French Bulldog. As a lover of Frenchies, do you agree with most of these reasons? If your answer is yes, give us and if NO, give us your opinion in the comment box below.